YAM Development (#4) - Button that confirm the update ? (#84) - Message List

Button that confirm the update ?
 solved

Hello Damato,

I have a request, I use without any problems the automatic update, excellent job mate, but can you be so kind to add a new button for confirm the update, so maybe i can read the change log and decide or not to install the new nightly before YAM decide for me ... :wink:

Thanks in advance

• Message #328

I have a request, I use without any problems the automatic update, excellent job mate, but can you be so kind to add a new button for confirm the update, so maybe i can read the change log and decide or not to install the new nightly before YAM decide for me ... :wink:

Sorry, but I am not sure if I understand you correctly. So please be so kind an be more specific with an example if possible.

• Message #329

Ok :-)

But my english it's not very good :-)

When I click on the "search now" button for the update, YAM open to me an "update notification windows" (this is a Pop-Up window) This Window showed to me correcly the last Changelog, this window also have 2 buttons in the buttom of the window "close" and "visit URL" but if i click "Close" or If I click "Visit URL" the result is the same, YAM install the update without any other notification.

About the buttons itself, "Close" works correcly the window also "Visit URL" works fine too.

I don't know maybe this is a little bug, aniway can you add a new button named "install" for example so if i want to install the update (after reading the changelog) i can use it ?

Hope that now is more clear :-)

Bye

• Message #330

Yes it is. However, directly installing YAM is not possible because of the involved complexity of the install process. So only by using the button "Visit URL" you can instruct your favourite webbrowser via OpenURL to open the requested URL and download the file manually. And in fact the "Close" button simply ignores the updatenotification window, nothing more. no install or URL visit is processed then.

So I really don't see your problem here.

• Message #331

Ok, No problem :wink:

Attachments

No attachments created.