Locale Translations (#7) - Updating catalogs before release (#111) - Message List

Updating catalogs before release
 solved

Hi! I updated again the Finnish catalog translation file of YAM to version 9.1 (YAM 2.9).

I updated the catalog first time in November but because of the YAM.cd file was version 8 and the December release of YAM needed version 9, the released Finnish catalog didn't work. For the next YAM version release I'd suggest that you could inform the active maintainers of catalogs about the upcoming release. That way the released version could contain up-to-date and working translations.

Another thing: the list of catalogs in YAM homepage could be updated. The Finnish catalog is not outdated, for the moment at least.

There seems to be some problem with the translation, though. For example, in Config window the 'Scripts' section seems to have 'Security' section heading when using the translation. But the real Security section has also the right 'Security' heading. Also the Address book section has the 'First steps' translation as a heading.

Marko

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)
  • Message #419

I updated the catalog first time in November but because of the YAM.cd file was version 8 and the December release of YAM needed version 9, the released Finnish catalog didn't work. For the next YAM version release I'd suggest that you could inform the active maintainers of catalogs about the upcoming release. That way the released version could contain up-to-date and working translations.

You are absolutely right. Informing translators in advance would be great and I will have a look if I can manage to do that for the next release. However, regularly updating your translation would be ever better! :)

Another thing: the list of catalogs in YAM homepage could be updated. The Finnish catalog is not outdated, for the moment at least.

The page is now updated but not because of having the list being updated, but because of the announced switch to transifex.com. So please have a look at http://yam.ch/discussion/topic/112 to get some more information about that and what will change for you.

There seems to be some problem with the translation, though. For example, in Config window the 'Scripts' section seems to have 'Security' section heading when using the translation. But the real Security section has also the right 'Security' heading. Also the Address book section has the 'First steps' translation as a heading.

This problem has already been reported and was also already fixed. See https://yam.ch/ticket/488

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)

Attachments

No attachments created.