Locale Translations (#7) - FlexCat - .po to .ct? (#116) - Message List

FlexCat - .po to .ct?
 unsolved

I was checking out FlexCat (2.15) to see if I could make it produce a .ct file out of the .po file from Transifex. I tried "flexcat POFILE for_translation_yam_trunk_da.po NEWCTFILE yam.ct", and while it did tell me about the strings missing in the translation, it did not result in a .ct file (well, not a usable one, anyway, only the headers were there).

Can anybody tell me whether this is possible yet in FlexCat, and if so, how?

Best regards,

Niels

• Message #426

I was checking out FlexCat (2.15) to see if I could make it produce a .ct file out of the .po file from Transifex. I tried "flexcat POFILE for_translation_yam_trunk_da.po NEWCTFILE yam.ct", and while it did tell me about the strings missing in the translation, it did not result in a .ct file (well, not a usable one, anyway, only the headers were there).

Can anybody tell me whether this is possible yet in FlexCat, and if so, how?

This is currently not supported (yet).

Although we have a script convert .po files into .ct files and vice versa which Jens used to initially convert the old .ct files to the new .po format this script requires a Unix system to do its work. Furthermore the script does certain assumptions about the file contents might screw up everything if these assumptions do not hold.

To make it short: better use the services of Transifex to do your translation. The translations will be synced automatically every hour, so in average it takes approx. half an hour to get your updated translation into the repository.

If you think that such a conversion between the format is really absolutely necessary then please open an enhancement request in FlexCat's bugtracker at sourceforge.net to ensure that it is not forgotten.

Attachments

No attachments created.