YAM - Yet Another Mailer (#2) - YAM email and POP authentication (#123) - Message List

YAM email and POP authentication
 solved

Until I totally wiped out my X1000's AOS hard drive two weeks ago, I had an M-L support YAM folder in my YAM, where I was able to ask questions without launching a browser. Is there any way to recover that?

One of the last questions I asked that way was what to do about certification problems I was having with YAM2.9p1 that kept me from getting some (all?) email. A kind someone responded that it was a problem being corrected in the nightly builds and suggested a particular one, which I installed, after which everything worked find. Since reinstalling what I can on my reformatted HD it seems I can only install the most recent nightly build, which lasts but a few days, and I am having certification problems again. (I choose Accept Permanently, but I may or may not be asked again the next time I boot.)

One more thing, if you're still with me. It used to be that when I clicked on a URL in an email, I would be given my choice of using Odyssey, NetSurf, or IBrowse. Now it is only IBrowse, and I can't find how to fix that in YAM Configuration.

• Message #442

Enter your message here…

Is your problem gmail related?

[quote]One more thing, if you're still with me. It used to be that when I clicked on a URL in an email, I would be given my choice of using Odyssey, NetSurf, or IBrowse. Now it is only IBrowse, and I can't find how to fix that in YAM Configuration. quote

If you have in Configuration/scripts/when clicking an url/ urlopen %p

It probably has to do with the URLOpen settings that are hidden here: Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/launch-handler/URL URLOpen has a settings gui it is in prefs & is called URL

• Message #443

Thanks. Your help led me to Prefs > URL, a tool that I remember using a lot in the past. Things are now back to normal as far as getting a browser is concerned.

Attachments

No attachments created.