General (#1) - YAM 2.6p1 released! (#4) - Message List
after seven month of work our development team is pleased to announce the immediate release of version 2.6p1 which has been put online this morning.
The 2.6p1 release is a pure bugfixing release (noted by the p1 versioning) which fixes some important bugs and problems we encountered during our continued development on the 2.7 development line (which will bring new features and is planned to be released by the end of this year).
The following is a brief (not complete ) list of fixes integrated in the 2.6p1 release:
- improved general stability by having fixed several memory leaks, important bugs and situations where YAM crashed under certain circumstances.
- fixed the tons of "empty" themes warnings in case NOIMAGEWARNING tooltype or a themes "NoImageWarning" option is set.
- fixed the "Jump on XXX" config settings to better interact with each other.
- fixed keyboard usage (cursor left/right) to switch between the folder and mail list.
- fixed some endianess cases so that the AROS build for i386 works more smoothly.
- fixed the spam filter to handle its 'inactive' state better and not reset all values anymore on that occassion. Now it is possibile to turn off the SPAM filter all together.
- fixed display of the poppen objects for MUI 3.8 installations.
- the attachment show window will now display the mail part description in a separate column.
- fixed problems with important mails containing X-Status: and Status: as local headers.
- fixed bug in the "avoid duplicates" functionality which caused that not all mails have been shown in a preselection window.
- updated the included AISS based theme to require at least AISS 4.8 fixed the mail attachment management to not use internal file names for the "Content-Disposition" header of attachments.
- fixed mail search functionality to correctly handle mail header searches.
- fixed XPK packer scanning to show all installed packers correctly.
- fixed the startup to handle multi user installation more smoothly.
- fixed the installation script to get the installation going again.
As the 2.6p1 release fixes some important issues, every YAM user is highly adviced to update to the 2.6p1 version as soon as possible.
Have lots of fun with this new release!
If you encounter any problems then don't hesitate to report any issue either here or in YAM's bugtracker at http://bugs.yam.ch/.
Your YAM development team