Rework/Improvement of mailing-list functionality
The current mailing-list feature of YAM is more than just plainly useless and unintuitive. Currently a user has to configure a mailing list by creating a new folder and configuring the mailing list settings in the folder settings. This, however, seems to be somewhat awkward and not very intuitive and cumbersome.
A possible change/improvement could be:
- move the folder-wise mailing list configuration to the global YAM config window (own section)
- a user should be able to configure a mailing list in the YAM config using the following settings:
- configure mailing list address (To)
- configure if a mailing list sets a Reply-To: header or not (important for proper Mail-Reply-To support).
- set an optional destination folder where incoming mails should be moved to (this should generate hidden filter rules to move the mail to that folder based on To, etc. address)
- allow to setup the above settings semi-automatically like currently possible in the folder settings.
- the Mail-Reply-To and Mail-Followup-To features should respect these new configuration settings.
- the mailing-list To-addresses should be suggested when creating a new mail and entering something in the To recipient gadget
- when starting to create a new mail while being in a folder linked to a particular mailing list the write window should immediately contain the To address of that mailing list in the To recipient gadget.