This report decribe some issues for the folder creation.
I don't want to create a extra ticket for all of them.
(It would really to much work for me. I spend a lot time of testing...)
Here is a step by step for creation of a new folder.
- run YAM (here Version: YAM 2.7-dev [OS3/m68k] (18.09.2010))
- Do a right click on the folder list.
- Click 'Like current' in the requester.
- Type as 'Name' any name. (here i use 'Test1')
- Type as 'Path' any name. (here i use 'Test1folder')
- click 'Ok'
- (*) Here YAM do nothing. Running Snoopdos show me that YAM does a 'Lock PathToProgdir/Test1folder Read Fail'. IMHO YAM should create a folder if a Read Fails. Otherwise maybe ask the user if want to use really this existing folder or maybe silent use this folder?
- Because 5. dosn't work click on the Drawer requester button. The requester open.
- (*) The title is 'Datei auswählen' but should 'Schublade auswählen' or anything like that.
- Select 'new drawer' from the requester menu and create a drawer called 'Test1folder'. Select the new created folder in the requester and click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Ok' in the 'Folder settings'.
- Click 'Yes' in the 'Confirmation Request'.
- (*) YAM do again a 'Lock PathToProgdir/Test1folder Read'. This time with a result= OK. And... do nothing else.
So i can't create a new folder with this YAM Version.
The (*) marked points should be fixed IMHO.
IIRC here was some other folder creation issues with older YAM versions but i can't test is with the current version:
- If the creation was successful and you delete the folder then you can't use the same name in the same YAM session again.
E.g. create a Folder 'Test1', delete the folder in YAM (using the context menu in the folder list) and now try to create a new folder with the name 'Test1'. YAM seems to remember the name and doesn't accept the name even if YAM itself was deleting the folder.
- At point 8. YAM create a icon for the folder but doesn't delete the icon at point 14.
Another folder creation issue:
If you right click on a folder group, select 'New folder...' from the context menu and select 'Like current' then YAM is trying to create a 'New folder group' but the user want a 'New folder...'!
Maybe i this case the 'Like current' should removed from the requester?
I know it's very much for one report but all related to folder creation.