YAM 2.8 has connection issues with WinUAE 2.x
I'm having a bit of a problem with YAM 2.8 dev (multiple versions) in WinUAE. The problem is that I can't send or receive email from my mail server. First I thought it was something with WinUAE, so I tested with 2.3.3, 2.4.0, 2.4.1 and the latest 2.5.0 RC but to no avail. So I fired up WireShark and sniffed and I saw the problem, YAM connected to random ports when trying to send or receive email but not when checking for software updates. Then I thought maybe it's because I'm running this WinUAE in a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop), so I started in to Boot Camp and tested there, but still the same problem. Then I thought maybe I should downgrade to YAM 2.7 release and what do you know, it works sending and receiving !! So something has happened with 2.8 that doesn't rhyme well with WinUAE. Since I don't use WinUAE that often I do not know with which 2.8 dev version it started.
Change History (36)
comment:5 follow-up: ↓ 6 Changed 17 months ago by pbobbenb
comment:20 Changed 17 months ago by damato
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
This list contains all users that will be notified about changes made to this ticket.
These roles will be notified: Reporter, Owner, Subscriber