close
Comments you submit will be routed for moderation. If you have an account, please log in first.
Modify

Opened 11 months ago

Closed 11 months ago

Last modified 11 months ago

#513 closed bug (fixed)

Using URLOpen in MIME, shows requester with additional "

Reported by: javierdlr Owned by: tboeckel
Priority: normal Milestone: YAM 2.9p1
Component: coding/memory Version: nightly build
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc: OS Platform:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Release Notes:

possible prefixes and postfixes of placeholders (i.e. ​file://%s) are now correctly quoted as a complete word instead of the inserted string for the placeholder only.

Description

Summary

Just added as MIME text/html (URLOpen file://%s).
On the read message window when using context menu 'Display...' and choose the HTML document part it shows the URLOpen requester but the file/url shows " at the end of string.
See pics attached with YAM MIME config and OpenURL requester.

BTW the workaround is to use URLOpen '"file://%s (add '" in front of file://)

Steps to reproduce

  1. See pics attached 2.

Expected results

Open the HTML document without problems

Actual results

Browser complains about non existant file ('cos it has " at the end of string)

Regression

Notes

The workaround i found is to use URLOpen '"file://%s (add '" in front of file://)

Attachments (2)

sgrab001.png (84.0 KB) - added by javierdlr 11 months ago.
my text/html YAM MIME settings
sgrab002.png (12.8 KB) - added by javierdlr 11 months ago.
URLOpen shows " at the end of file/url string

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 11 months ago by javierdlr

my text/html YAM MIME settings

Changed 11 months ago by javierdlr

URLOpen shows " at the end of file/url string

comment:1 Changed 11 months ago by tboeckel

  • Component changed from MIME handling to coding/memory
  • Milestone set to YAM 2.9p1
  • Owner set to tboeckel
  • Priority changed from undecided to normal
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:2 Changed 11 months ago by tboeckel

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

(In [7614]) * YAM_RE.c: possible prefixes and postfixes of placeholders (i.e. file://%s) are now correctly quoted as a complete word instead of the inserted string for the placeholder only. This closes #513.

comment:3 Changed 11 months ago by tboeckel

  • Release Notes modified (diff)

comment:4 Changed 11 months ago by tboeckel

One final addition from my side. I didn't check this solution with AmigaOS4's URLOpen command yet, but I am sure this issue is fixed by the latest change. If the trailing quote character should nevertheless occur in the URL being passed to the browser then this is definitely a bug of URLOpen and not of YAM. YAM will now quote its placeholders like '"file://path_to_file"' instead of 'file://"path_to_file"'.

comment:5 Changed 11 months ago by javierdlr

Fixed. Works fine, I don't have to add " in front of file:// in MIME config

THX

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain tboeckel.
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

This list contains all users that will be notified about changes made to this ticket.

These roles will be notified: Reporter, Owner, Subscriber

  • Javier de las Rivas(Reporter, Participant)
  • Thore Böckelmann(Owner, Participant)