|Version 10 (modified by damato, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Since 2004, the YAM Development Team accepts donations to support their development on YAM. This was mainly established to fight against the shrinking motivation and amount of developers actively working on the future of YAM. By supporting our development team with financial donations we hope to attract other developers and give our developers an additional motivation to work on the future of YAM. To divide the amount of donated money fairly through all developers, we will use the following procedure:
- On a new official (stable) release, the number of SVN checkins from all developers who were active during that release will be counted.
- The received money will be substracted by the required fees by PayPal (~4%) and sourceforge.net (5%) in addition to a ~5% supporting amount which will be forwarded to sourceforge.net for providing their development platform.
- The rest of money of the received donations will be splitted by each percent each developer was active during this release.
- The developer's money will then afterwards forwarded to each developer's PayPal account.
How can I donate?
You want to support the development of YAM by donating some cents to our development team? Then please make sure you have a PayPal account. As soon as you are able to send money via PayPal please use one of the following possibilites to issue a donation to our project:
- If you prefer to use sourceforge.net for sending the donations please make sure you have a sourceforge.net account. Then use the following link to submit the money:
- If you do not want to donate through the sourceforge.net site, but prefer to donate directly via PayPal please use the following link instead:
Who did donate already and how much where already donated?
Not that we want to demotivate you to donate to our project and vision, but the following list should give you an impression who and why he/she donated to our project:
YAM 2.7 development (since 02/2010)
- 12th Mar 2011: $20.00 - Patrick Robinson - Keep up your excellent work''
- 11th Jan 2011: $10.00 - Holger van Linn - no comment
- 26th Dec 2010: $15.00 - Lee Hemenway - no comment
- 26th Dec 2010: $20.00 - Andrei Shestakov - no comment
- 25th Dec 2010: $25.00 - Richard E. Crislip - no comment
- 24th Dec 2010: $15.00 - William Eaves - Keep up the good work, all the best.
- 26th Sep 2010: $30.00 - Volker Stamm - Thanks for developing YAM and for Amiga
- 25th Jun 2010: $70.00 - Stefan Leitner - no comment
- 14th Mar 2010: $20.00 - Julian Margetson - no comment
- 27th Feb 2010: $20.00 - Brian Savage - Thank you for a great program and keep up the good work!
- 24th Feb 2010: $10.00 - Sebastian Weimer - no comment
- 23rd Feb 2010: $10.00 - David Braconnier - Many thanks to the team for all the efforts done to continue to improve YAM
- 22nd Feb 2010: $10.00 - Andreas Schwarz - no comment
- 22nd Feb 2010: $5.00 - Simone Bevilacqua - no comment
YAM 2.6 development (12/2007-02/2010)
- 23rd Dec 2009: $20.00 - Frank Busse - no comment
- 21st Nov 2009: $15.00 - amifan - no comment
- 06th Oct 2009: $50.00 - mrodfr - Thanks for YAM and MUI classes for ALL platforms and for developping for the Amiga.
- 03rd Oct 2009: $20.00 - pferrucci - I should have donate before, after all these years of using Yam
- 12th Sep 2008: $50.00 - bernard_kubler - no comment
- 20th Aug 2008: $10.00 - chkamiga - Thanks for Yam
- 20th Apr 2008: $20.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 24th Dec 2007: $50.00 - amigasurfer - Merry Christmas! Thanks for YAM 2.5!
YAM 2.5 development (05/2003-12/2007)
- 02nd Sep 2007: $10.00 - Par Boberg/Sweden - Thanks for the great work!
- 08th Jul 2007: $10.00 - digiman - Good work. Please integrate GnuPG
- 08th Jul 2007: $10.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 31st Mar 2007: $20.00 - anonymous - Thanks for the continued support for the MorphOS version
- 29th Mar 2007: $10.00 - anonymous - Superb mailer & great to see its continued development
- 26th Mar 2007: $20.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 23th Mar 2007: $10.00 - anonymous - I used YAM from the beginning. Great application!
- 26th Feb 2007: $10.00 - anonymous - A dependable program with many years use. Thank you.
- 19th Feb 2007: $10.00 - Michael Merkel/Germany - such a grrrreat program!
- 10th Feb 2007: $20.00 - anonymous - Keep up the good work
- 19th Jan 2007: $20.00 - anonymous - Still the best mailer on any platform
- 26th Dec 2006: $20.00 - serpi - great work!
- 24th Dec 2006: $10.00 - amigasurfer - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2007
- 03rd Dec 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - Thx for supporting Amiga
- 28th Nov 2006: $20.00 - mjt75 - Thanks for the continued development. Well done.
- 24th Oct 2006: $10.00 - anonymous - I like YAM
- 22nd Oct 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 30th Jul 2006: $100.00 - Andreas Loong/Guru Meditation - Continued support for this great email client!
- 03rd Jul 2006: $10.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 21st Apr 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - Hey, thank you.
- 08th Apr 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - I use it
- 10th Mar 2006: $20.00 - Armin H. Rosswaag - YAM keeps me using AmigaOS.
- 27th Feb 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - Thanks for supporting a MorphOS version of your excellent YAM.
- 06th Jan 2006: $20.00 - anonymous - Many thanks to the YAM team, keep up the good work.
- 12th Nov 2005: $20.00 - anonymous - Thanks for Yam and especially for mos AND os4 versions
- 08th Nov 2005: $20.00 - Serpi - Keep working, I love YAM!
- 07th Sep 2005: EUR14.00 - Stephen Fellner/Hungary - Keep up the good work!
- 19th Aug 2005: $20.00 - Jools Smyth/Norway - Best Email Client Ever! thanks for the continued development.
- 11th Jun 2005: EUR40.00 - Frank Tully/Ireland - no comment
- 03rd Jun 2005: $20.00 - anonymous - no comment
- 27th May 2005: $250.00 - Andreas Loong/Sweden - Guru Meditation (www.gurumeditation.se)
- 03rd Dec 2004: $10.00 - anonymous - The best and easiest to use Mail-Software! Leave it as it is!
- 03rd Oct 2004: $20.00 - Frank Busse/Germany - no comment
- 12th Sep 2004: $20.00 - anonymous - I use it, therefore I want to support it
- 08th Apr 2004: $20.00 - Par Boberg/Sweden - Thanks for the great work with YAM.
YAM <= 2.4 development
- no donations available.
Still not convinced?
You are still not convinced that donations to our project will be any good? Then please have a look at how YAM has evolved since its opensource release. We did a tremendous progress in bringing YAM up to a level where it is compareable to other modern clients like Thunderbird and KMail.
So if you share the vision of having a modern, uptodate E-Mail client for your Amiga, then please help us in helping you!