|Version 1 (modified by damato, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Are you brave? Grab a Nightly build (developer version)…
Since July 2004 we provide an automatic nightly build system which checks out the official YAM sources from the SVN repository each night (!2:00 am - CET) and if it encounters any change which a developer have done on the day before, then this system generates new binary builds and put them up to a webserver just some minutes after the checkout.
However, please note that because of the nature of this approach, the produced builds are not tested in any form. This means that these build can not be considered stable in any way. They are just provided to let interested, well expierenced parties have a look at the recent state of development. Therefore ordinary users should consider very well if they want to risk any loss of data.
So please consider very wisely if you not just simply stick to the latest official version available from our Downloads section instead of risking to run into troubles with your emails. On the other hand, if you are used to the process and constraints in using nightly builds, we would love to receive any feedback from you so that we can evaluate which adaptions are required until the next planned official release.
Downloading nightly builds…
WARNING: No matter what, please read the following short list carefully to make yourself familiar with nightly builds and what possible problems they may cause:
- They are completly untested - there's absolutely no guarantee that they even start up or work without crashing or damaging your current installation. So please at least backup your current YAM installation before trying on of our nightly builds.
- The archives contain no documentation, and aren't meant to be used to install YAM for the first time; they always require an already existing installation of YAM.
- We will give no official support nor do we provide any direct help if you run into problems or loose any data. However, the [http://www.yam.ch/ discussion forum] or the mailing lists may help you if you run into problems.
- Make sure to read the ChangeLog carefully so that you know what we changed and what problems may arise if you decide to use the nightly build on a regular basis. This ChangeLog may include important information like index format changes or configuration contraints.
- Please note that using nightly builds might be a one way road - This means that the message/index format used in these builds may be completly different and therefore you may not be able to easily downgrade if you used a nightly build previously.
- Our nightly builds do automatically timeout after 30 days to minimize the problems caused by posted bug reports which are based on too old versions still floating around.
So if you still feel you would like to give our nightly builds a spin, please take your webbrowser to the following link to download the latest nightly build for your operating system: