← Previous Change
Next Change →
side by side
lines around each change
Show the changes in full context
White space changes
Mar 2, 2010, 10:10:33 AM (
= YAM 2.6 (released 21st February 2010) =
After two years of development YAM 2.6 has been released in February 2010. Aside several minor changes and a large amount of bug fixes, this is the first version which comes with support for the [WikiPedia:AROS AROS] operating system.
== Changes ==
Here is a brief list of the most important changes since the 2.5 release:
* updated translations for czech, french, german, greek, italian and swedish language.
* updated default theme images by Martin 'Mason' Merz.
* added import and export functions for alien address books (i.e. XML files as used by SimpleMail).
* AmigaOS4.1's new notification system will can used to inform the user about new received mails.
* improved handling of header lines in general and especially malformed header lines by certain Microsoft software.
* improved download and export speed of mails by optimizing the amount of data shown on the screen. Overall the speed increased about 200%.
* improved the spam handling by treating the user's address book as a white list.
* rewritten RFC2047 and RFC2822 routines to match the current RFC recommendations.
* individual character sets can now be configured for reading and writing mails instead of having one character set for all actions.
* improved ARexx command handling and extended command set.
* all error messages which occured during a mail transfer now include the account name to make it easier to spot the faulty account in case a user has more than one account at the same provider.
* mail attachments are displayed as a scrollable virtual group to be able to show an unlimited number of files.
* all balance object use the new NBalance.mcc class which supports custom mouse pointers.
* foreign characters with a mail may be converted to either "?" or similar look alike characters.
* reduced overall stack usage by using dynamically allocated memory when needed.
* the text font and style can be configured independently for reading and writing mails.
* the spam training data can be optimized to keep the data base small by removing very rarely used word.
* made the date scanning of birthdays locale aware.
* added various AROS versions (i386, ppc, x86_64).
* added NOSPLASHWINDOW tooltype to start/quit YAM silently.
* on AmigaOS4.1 the new URL: device will be preferred over openurl.library to invoke a browser.
* lots of other improvement we don't remember right now (keep in mind: more than 2 years of development was put into YAM 2.6!) :)
(C) 2000-2016 YAM Open Source Team