|Version 1 (modified by damato, 21 months ago) (diff)|
YAM 2.8p1 (released 07th July 2013)
After 7 months of development YAM 2.8p1 has been released in July 2013. It is a minor release mainly focusing on bug fixes. Nevertheless, it also contain a bunch of minor new features.
Here is a brief list of the most important changes since the 2.8 release in December 2012:
- updated translations for czech, greek, swedish, french, spanish, italian, turkish language.
- fixed an issue related to BetterString.mcc which cause YAM to crash.
- extended the ADDRLOAD command to take a second parameter OPEN/S to immediately open then address book window after the address book file has been loaded successfully.
- added a new option in the hidden section of the configuration. Setting the option "OverrideFromAddress" to "Y" will add a recipient string object below the identity chooser in the write window. The contents default to the chosen identity's address but can be modified freely. This makes it possible to use a different From: address than the one configured in the identity while still using all other settings like the SMTP server.
- renamed the 'Bounce' mail functionality for redirecting emails to alternative recipients to 'Redirect' as that better reflects the purpose of this functionality and should not confuse users anymore. Also adapted the functionality to add all well-known Resent-#? headers to redirected emails. This should adapt YAM to be somehwat more RFC compliant. Furthermore, a Resent-CC and Resent-BCC can now be specified. In addition, YAM will now allow to bounce to multiple emails in one operation. That means, a user can now select more than one mail in the mail listview and when a redirect operation is performed YAM will redirect all of these mails in one run.
- fixed bug where hidden Cc, BCC or Reply-To string gadgets could have ended up at wrong positions when hiding/showing them dynamically in the write window.
- fixed a bug where 'new' mail was never changed to 'unread' status if it was moved to a subfolder. Now the index of all folders carrying 'new' mail will be loaded and the status adapted accordingly.
- fixed a problem where under certain setups the automatically chosen full qualified domain name (FQDN) was unluckily chosen and thus mail sending being rejected when using YAM. Now YAM should use a better mechanism and even let you override the FQDN using a new hidden 'MachineFQDN' option.
- fixed a crash where it could have happened that YAM accessed an invalid memory location when creating a new mail.
- added a new 'WRITEIDENTITY' ARexx command to let a script choose the user identity to be used when composing a new mail via ARexx.
- fixed a bug where the signature settings of a folder got lost when updating from YAM versions <= 2.7 to 2.8
- fixed a crash when entering certain text in the CC string gadget of a write window.
- fixed some problems with the new Drafts folder managment where emails could end up duplicated. In addition, the 'Hold' button has been renamed to 'Save to Drafts' to better differentate between the operations.
- fixed a bug where the number of mails in the outgoing folder was not correctly set when a mail was moved by mail filter operation.
- fixed a bug where the From: address was not properly restored when the hidden "OverrideFromAddress" option had been used.
- fixed a bug where keeping the write window open for a while could suddenly crash YAM.
- fixed some crashes related to virtual email display (e.g. opening .eml attachments).
- fixed a bug in the mail header parsing routines where a header line starting with a newline cause problems.
- fixed a memory trashing problem where toolbar images of different sizes cause some memory leaks within TheButton.mcc.
- fixed a bug where resaving a mail in the drafts folder caused the mail active/inactive state to get messed up.
- modified remote filters to be applied when getting the single message details. This makes it possible to let the filters check all available information but it also requires the user to wait until the details of all new mails have been received. Otherwise it could have happened that some mails were not received although they should be filtered out.
- fixed a crash bug when deleting a folder group.
- fixed some incorrect dimensions of certain theme images.
For more information on all implemented changes in YAM 2.8p1 please see the detailed ChangeLog file as well as the YAM 2.8p1 information page.